[wisb] Birding in the northwoods after WSO in Ashland

  • From: "mruh@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <mruh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:36:43 -0800 (PST)

Below is information about a birding opportunity that some of you may be
interested in learning about.
Northwoods Birding by Trail & Canoe is a seven day Road Scholar program (for
adults in their 50s and beyond) offered by Trees for Tomorrow, an environmental
education residential facility in Eagle River, Wisconsin.  They offer a variety
of school and Road Scholar programs, as well as teacher certification programs
for adults.  This birding program is a Road Scholar program designed for
beginning and intermediate birders.  The TFT program starts May 26 and runs
through June 1.  That start date is the end date of the WSO convention in
Ashland.  I think some of the attendees of the convention might be up for some
more birding.  I've been on a canoe tour with TFT where a loon popped up a
paddle length from me.

>Below are some links about the program.
>

>A popular press article about the Road Scholar program Northwoods Birding by
>Trail & Canoe offered by Trees for Tomorrow in Eagle River, Wisconsin.
>http://www.wisconsinoutdoorfun.com/article/20130206/WOF08/130206032/Spring-program-features-birding-by-trail-canoe
>

>A Facebook page set up by Trees for Tomorrow about the course:
>https://www.facebook.com/events/583188971697565/?ref";
>

>The Road Scholar catalog page describing the course and the Trees for Tomorrow
>facilities and staff.
>http://www.roadscholar.org/programs/pd_printFull.asp?DId=1-67AAPN

Contact Troy Walters for more information
Trees For Tomorrow
Troy Walters
P.O. Box 609
Eagle River, WI 54521
Work Phone: 715-479-6456 x228
Cell Phone:  715-891-1291 (may also text)
Fax: 715-479-2318
Email: troy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Naturalist Teacher & Road Scholar Coordinator