[wisb] Birdathon top species totals

  • From: "Packett, Diane L - NRF" <Diane.Packett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:47:52 +0000

Yikes! The Great Wisconsin Birdathon completely neglected to shout out to this
year's top birders. Thanks to a Birdathon survey-taker for bringing it to my
attention! Congratulations to the Muirland Merlins, whose species tally of 166
was the highest of any non-Big Day team! Here are this year's other top birding
teams:
Arctic Adventurers 165
Cutright's Old Coots 165
WSO Signature Team 163...
Lake Superior eBirders 161
Madison Green Team 149
Revenge of the Bird Nerds 147
The Bonanza Hotshots racked up 162 species on their Birdathon Tour, but they
had two days. Let me know if I missed anyone--we had 66 teams out there, and I
only received 35 checklists. Thanks again for participating!

Diane Packett
Great Wisconsin Birdathon Coordinator
Diane.Packett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Diane.Packett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
920-219-2587 (mobile)