[wisb] Bird City Wisconsin is looking for your PEOPLE photos

  • From: "Carl Schwartz" <cschwartz3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:45:31 -0600

In the next few months, you will be hearing a lot more about a project that
hopes to do as much for our communities' birdlife as Tree City USA has done for
urban forestry. Bird City Wisconsin is in the process of establishing a web
site to publicize its project, raise funds and recruit Bird Cities.
To do so, we need photos of more than birds. We also need photos of PEOPLE
HELPING BIRDS.  I have gathered some excellent photos of groups of people
watching birds. What I really need now are photos that show habitat work,
predator control, next box building and installation, monitoring and census
efforts, Christmas counts, and other such activities.

Our web site will credit all contributors. Please backchannel me (see below) if
you have something to contribute. Electronic images are easiest to deal with
but I could scan old snapshots if you have something good.

Carl Schwartz
Coordinator
Bird City Wisconsin
7239 N. Barnett Lane