[wisb] Big Sit results at Forest Beach Migratory Preserve in Ozaukee County

  • From: william mueller <wpmueller1947@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 23:31:02 -0500

Twenty-one hours after the start, on the Bill Cowart Memorial Raptor Watch
platform, our total was the second highest we have attained (58  species;
the highest was 59 in 2011 with much better weather. Today we had much less
than optimum conditions - with a strong all-night south wind, then a
following day-long south wind, and periods of steady [occasionally heavy]
rain, until after 4pm when the wind shifted slightly to the SW. )
Here's our Big Sit list for Oct 12, 2013. We had 12 observers, who stayed
for varying amounts of time; thanks to all of them.

   Canada Goose 40  Mallard 8  Blue-winged Teal 3  Northern Pintail 4
Green-winged
Teal 7  Wild Turkey 1  Turkey Vulture 1  Bald Eagle 1  Northern
Harrier 1  Cooper's
Hawk 4  Red-tailed Hawk 1  Sandhill Crane 1  Wilson's Snipe 1  Ring-billed
Gull 1  Herring Gull 52  Rock Pigeon 4  Mourning Dove 2  Barred Owl 1
Long-eared
Owl 1  Northern Saw-whet Owl 1  Chimney Swift 1  Red-bellied
Woodpecker 1  Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker 2  Downy Woodpecker 2  Northern Flicker 2  Merlin 9  Peregrine
Falcon 2  Eastern Phoebe 2  Eastern Kingbird 4  Blue Jay 34  American Crow
32  Black-capped Chickadee 2  House Wren 1  Golden-crowned Kinglet 2
Ruby-crowned
Kinglet 1  Eastern Bluebird 8  Hermit Thrush 3  American Robin 18  Gray
Catbird 1  European Starling 36  American Pipit 1  Palm Warbler 30  Common
Yellowthroat 1  Eastern Towhee 1  Song Sparrow 2  Swamp Sparrow 1
White-throated
Sparrow 2  Northern Cardinal 1  Red-winged Blackbird 120  Eastern Meadowlark
1  Rusty Blackbird 32  Common Grackle 2  Brown-headed Cowbird 38  Purple
Finch 27  House Finch 2  Pine Siskin 5  American Goldfinch 28  House Sparrow
15

--
William Mueller
Western Great Lakes Bird and Bat Observatory