[wisb] Baxter's Hollow Bridge Out

  • From: James Schwarz <jfschwar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 07:55:57 -0500

The Baxter's Hollow gate is closed because the second bridge washed out. The
north end of the bridge dropped down about two feet. This will be a major
repair. So birding this summer will require longer walks then usual. No telling
how long it will take for this repair.

As expected, there were not many birds at Baxter's, Saturday. My wife and I
were mainly looking for wild flowers, which were also few.
One Winter Wren sang briefly. The few other birds included several Brown
Creepers and a Fox Sparrow. There even seemed to be a lack of sparrows near the
entrance of Baxters. Birding there can only get better.

Jim Schwarz
Madison