[wisb] Bald Eagles, Fox River, Appleton

  • From: timarytm@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 06:18:05 -0800 (PST)

I generally see one bald eagle on the Fox River off E Water St in Appleton, WI
around 7:30 each morning as I head to work. This morning there were two
magnificent mature birds and I caught one swooping into the river for something
as I drove by. They were  just west of the Lawrence University tennis courts
and next to the Woolen Mills building. There is a small tree east of the Woolen
Mills that I have seen one sitting in quite often.
Mary Maertz
Appleton, WI
Outagamie County