[wisb] Baird's Sandpipers Jefferson Co 4/2/2014, image

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 17:55:41 -0500

Hi all,
I went out to Jefferson Co. this morning in hopes to find the Franklin's
Gull that had been reported. I had not luck with that. Checking out some of
the other water holes out that way, I found 3 Baird's Sandpiper's. These
Baird's were in a field just north of Hwy 106 on Mehring Road. It is a
field that has a low side, usually retains water early spring. I usually
check it out spring of the year, it was worth the stop today. I got one
image of one of the Baird's Sandpiper that is of poor quality, shooting
into the sun at a long distance. It sounds like it could be a state record
for early arrival. If you care to see the image, use the link below:

http://www.windowtowildlife.com/bairds-sandpiper/

Thanks and good birding,

Jim Edlhuber

Town of Genesee Waukesha Co.