[wisb] BBWD at Sheboygan Marsh

  • From: "Weidert, Dan G - DNR" <Dan.Weidert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:08:17 -0500

The pond area that this BBWD is frequenting is a DNR duck banding site in
Sheboygan Marsh Wildlife Area.  Unfortunately, the over-whelming and
enthusiastic interest in this bird is now jeopardizing the banding of ducks
there.  I apologize for being the bearer of bad news but, this area is now
closed to all entry until the end of our duck banding season at noon on
Wednesday, August 29th.  The importance of bird banding as a management tool
must always take precedence over bird observation.  Also (as a reminder), this
area is a waterfowl refuge and is closed to all entry from September 1st
through November 15th, so there will be a short window of opportunity to see
this BBWD after noon on Wednesday.

Dan Weidert (DNR Wildlife Biologist), Plymouth, Sheboygan County