[wisb] American Pelicans

  • From: "Peter McKeever" <petermckeever@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 19:55:31 -0500

Circa 50 American White  Pelican Sunday afternoon on the backwater of Lake
Wisconsin, west of Merrimac and NE of the junction of Highways 113 and 78.
Without glasses, and from the road, gave the impression of a last vestige of
winter ice along the shore....and then they flew in a long low wavering line
about 1/4 mile north and landed with kin.

Peter McKeever
Monona