[wisb] Accessing Wisbirdn via birdingonthe.net

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 12:25:54 -0500

I'm still getting backchannel inquiries about this, so I'll mention it
again.  Those of you who access Wisbirdn via birdingonthe.net will have
noticed that you are redirected to the ABA website.  Apparently,
birdingonthe.net is no more.  I did not know about this, nor do Tom or I
have any control over it.  I have mixed feelings about it.  I rarely
accessed Wisbirdn that way, unless I was having trouble with my own
email account, but I did look at most of the nearby state birding
listservs nearly every day.  The ABA version is a bit clunkier to use,
but does have more listservs linked, so it's a tradeoff.

There are other ways to access birding listservs - Surfbirds.com is one
way, and Pat Ready posted this one last week:

http://digest.sialia.com/?rm=one_list;id=133 (this link takes you
directly to Wisbirdn, but there are many other listservs linked at their
website.)

Peter Fissel
Wisbirdn Admin/Monitor Guy
Madison WI