[wisb] Re: ALERT: BB Whistling Duck at Shoveler's Sink (Dane Co.)

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:15:49 -0500

Ack - first paragraph was cut off.  Jim Schwarz called me at 3:00 p.m.
He had a BLACK-BELLIED WHISTLING DUCK at Shoveler's Sink.  He saw the
gray-tipped pink bill, black belly, and lighter line on the side (he
bumped his scope just as the bird flapped its wings.)  He was looking
from the parking lot all the way across towards the willow tree and snags.