[wisb] A request involving Nine Springs (Dane County) towhee

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 06:19:31 -0500

I mentioned yesterday that I heard an Eastern Towhee singing from the
opposite side of the road from where the Spotted or hybrid was feeding (but
not at the exact same time), that I heard the call of a Spotted Towhee
shortly after I arrived, and I saw a female Eastern Towhee feeding
(unaccompanied by any other towhee) at the "sparrow spot." If any of you who
bird Nine Springs should observe the bird singing the Eastern Towhee song at
that location, please report back to us. How interesting it would be if the
bird in question was giving an Eastern song, a Spotted call, and was paired
with the female Eastern Towhee! Thanks.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County