[wisb] 3 sparrows and more

  • From: "Lund, David R." <DLUND@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 13:10:15 +0000

Just returned from 2 months in Texas and 2 weeks in Arizona.  I had 292 species
for 2011 until we got home two nights ago.  We quickly added Great Horned Owl,
Tree Sp., Fox Sp., Song Sp., and Purple Finch, the last four at our feeders
yesterday morning.  In Texas, we had the pleasure of seeing the Yellow-faced
Grassquit, Black-vented Oriole, Hammond's Flycatcher, and Gray Flycatcher.  In
Arizona, our birds included a Pacific-slope Flycatcher, Hepatic Tanager, a
number of hummers, Hutton's Vireo, and many more.  Looking forward to adding a
few more WI birds soon.

Dave Lund

Eau Claire County