[wisb] Re: 2009 in review

  • From: timarytm@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:50:15 -0800 (PST)

Paul,
Don't cry...there are many out here, me for one, who are VERY impressed with
your list and your knowledge! Of your 10 rare species, I have only ever seen 2.
Wait, maybe just one! Feel better?
Mary Maertz
Appleton, Outagamie County

Hey,  I  totally forgot to add something from the earlier post.   Looking back
in my year in review,  I had scored  12 rare  species which to me is a sweet
accomplishment, + several
off-set sightings, meaning either out-of-season  or  late-or-early.  The best
of 2009 for me were  Golden eagle,  Whooping Crane,  Am. Golden-plover,  Am.
Avocet (twice!),   Willet,  Baird's Sandpiper,  Hummingbird, sp.,  Bell's
Vireo,  Com. Raven (twice!),   Tufted titmouse, Prairie Warbler,  Summer
Tanager.   So I ended with a better than usual 207 species,  which still makes
me cry when I think what Tessen's list was like,  or any Baughman's, or
Schultz, Harriman,  the list goes on.  My hats off to those named.
   Again,, Paul, Oshkosh