[WinPrnDev] Re: hook virtual printer

  • From: "Rune Moberg" <jjflash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:38:54 +0200

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Christoph Lindemann
<christoph@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For example PrintTuner (http://www.graphicshighway.com/) by Vipin
> Aravin, that one actually includes it own EMF engine and is available in
> a source code license.
> There are also several other products available on the web.

The problem with most of these products is that they charge an arm and
a leg. E.g. one product I evaluated wants approx $2000 dollar for the
32-bit 2000/XP/Vista version (for free distribution, they certainly
don't offer source!). If you need 64-bit then that is another $2000. A
version that supports terminal server? Add $2000 to that. A 64-bit
version of the same... etc...

I don't know if PrintTuner falls into that category, but for my
company it made sense to gun it out on our own for now. (luckily we do
not require Win2k support)

--
Rune
---