[WinPrnDev] Re: hook virtual printer

  • From: Christoph Lindemann <christoph@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 08:32:02 +0200

Could you please elaborate on what it is you want to get? Do you want
the PCL / PostScript / ESCP / ... print data generated by the printer
driver? Or do you want the EMF Spool File? Or do you want the actual
.doc /. xls ... document file that the application is printing?

If you need the EMF (or bitmap) page data, I suggest you have a look at
the various Virtual Printer drivers offered on the web. Several are also
available as OEM versions.
For example PrintTuner (http://www.graphicshighway.com/) by Vipin
Aravin, that one actually includes it own EMF engine and is available in
a source code license.
There are also several other products available on the web.

If you have no experience developing printer drivers, I strongly suggest
you go for one of the existing products, as developing your own can be
quite challenging with lots of pitfalls and subtle "features".

/christoph

Riccardo skrev:
> Hi group,
> I would like to hook print driver for manage the file that the MS
> windows'user want to print.
> I have generate a virtual print driver which this command:
>
> "rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "Virtual Printer Test" /f
> "%windir%\inf\ntprint.inf" /q /r "lpt1:" /m "driver" /z /u"
>
> but i don't know which dll or which program manage the file sends from
> the program ( M$Word, notepad, M$excel...) to the virtual printer.
>
> My component must be a printer, to be used with the print command in
> applications.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Bye Riccardo.
>

> ---
> Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
> http://www.undocprint.org/winspool
>
> To unsubscribe, visit the List Server page at
> //www.freelists.org/list/winprndev

---