[WinPrnDev] Re: Intercepting data sent to the printer

  • From: akshay gupta <akshaygupta202@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:59:46 +0530

Thanks for quick replies, Ill tell exactly what i want and what i have
tried till now.

What I want :
There is a third party application whose task is to generate a document
(which is sort of a bill) and after generating it, it prints that document.
Now I want to some how get the text that printer will  printing  before it
actually prints it, and modify it and send the modified text back to the
printer.

What I have tried:
I have Experimented with  EPSON TM-T88IV Receipt printers.
1) I first though that I would print to a file and then read and edit the
contents of that file and send it to the printer for printing. But the file
that it created didnt contained what I expected. It had unreadable data
which I had no idea how to convert it to a readable format.

2)I tried hooking to the com port and intercept the data that is flowing
through it. But again all I got was a stream of unreadable data.

Regards,
Akshay