[WinPrnDev] Re: Driver that produces PCL that is searchable for text

  • From: "Long, Scott" <Scott.Long@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:48:03 -0800

The "scrambling" behavior varies between drivers and between versions of
Windows. We had to use special tricks to handle this in the SwiftView product.

Sometimes the scrambling isn't really scrambling, but a simple offset of all
the codes. In those cases you can just reverse the offset to recover the ASCII
codes. If that's not possible you will need to locate a driver that doesn't
scramble.

I'd start by looking at the stock HP Laserjet 4000.

Scott Long