[WinPrnDev] Re: Driver that produces PCL that is searchable for text

  • From: "alanjhd@xxxxxxxxxxx" <alanjhd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winprndev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 16:58:12 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

Hi Steve,

Most Oki PCL printer drivers will use the ASCII character codes.
However, it might not meet your requirement, since most applications
include character positioning information, which means that each
character is preceded by the X,Y position, and you don't just get a
stream of clear text.

Alan

org/winspool

org/list/winprndev

2009: A year in review - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/2009

---
Questions? First check the UndocPrint pages at
http://www.undocprint.org/winspool

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server page at
//www.freelists.org/list/winprndev