[windows_errors] Re: [WEMRM_WinXP] Re: <oo> Spyware And Browser Hijackers <oo> ( Info )

  • From: "Gene" <Build_A_Computer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <What_Error_Messages_Really_Mean_WinXP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:41:56 -0500

Hi indicarol,

Who said to install Spyblaster?  Spyblaster is a Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware
Products.  It put that crap there and then tries to goat you to buy it!
Don't buy it!

Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products - "Rogue/Suspect" means that these
products are of unknown, questionable, or dubious value as anti-spyware
protection.  Some of the products listed on this page simply do not provide
proven, reliable anti-spyware protection. Others may use unfair, deceptive,
high pressure sales tactics and false positives to scare up sales from
gullible, confused users. A very few of these products are either associated
with known distributors of spyware/adware or have been known to install
spyware/adware themselves.

Ad-aware Standard Edition is THE award winning, free, multicomponent
detection and removal utility that consistently leads the industry in
safety, user satisfaction, support and reliability.
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

CWShredder counters browser hijackings: Defends against the new
CoolWebSearch variants.  Free download:
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

EasyCleaner 2.0 is a small program which searches Windows' registry for
entries that are pointing nowhere. Deleting these entries will speed your
computer up. EasyCleaner also lets you delete all kinds of unnecessary files
like temps, backups etc.
www.toniarts.com/products.php?

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove spyware of different kinds
from your computer. Spyware is a relatively new kind of threat that common
anti-virus applications do not yet cover. Scan, detect and remove malicious
software (spyware, keyloggers, dialers, Trojan Horses, etc.
http://www.safer-networking.org/

SpyWareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever
being installed.

 -:¦:- A Technical Support Alliance, ITU & OWTA Charter Member
 Build_A_Computer * Computer_Builders2 * ComputerSupport_2
 CHOL * EZ2Compute * ITU * Linspire * OWTA * PC-Technical
 Pro_Tech * SkyMaps * TechSupportForDummies * WEMRM -:¦:-
 IP address:  24.2.165.6 * ©2005 * http://tinyurl.com/4kaov -:¦:-