[windows2000] windows 2000 policy problem

  • From: "Dennis Appelboom" <dennis.appelboom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:11:30 +0200

Hi Group,

I have a very annoying policy problem. I would like to assign the 'log on as a
service' right to a user.....but am unable to.
Complicating factor is that the server in question is a dc.
I edited the local security policy and added the user to the 'log on as a
service' option. But the effective rights are still that the user cannot log on
as a service.....
It tells me that "if domain-level policy settings are defined, they override
local security settings"......ok, that is expected. So I checked the following:
-OU policies
-Domain Policies
-Domain Controller Policies
But there are none.......