[windows2000] Re: "copy of filename"

  • From: "Richard Bruce" <richardbruce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 21:49:44 -0700

Ray,

Coming from a so-called professional who posts responses like "You should just fire the people who use those machines. :P" your cavalier use of email, server space, and time doesn't surprise me. I subscribed to this list for solutions to serious Windows 2000 problems, not to get an education on the changes in all the Windows operating systems over the last 15 years - let alone a weak attempt at PC/HR humor.

I am familiar with Mr. Strait's story, as I follow the posts pretty closely. One could get a overall perspective on such a broad topic by picking up a good book on the subject. If someone has a suggestion for such a book, I'm sure he would value and appreciate our suggestion. But to cover such a broad topic in a listserve about Windows 2000... well, I would ask you if it's appropriate, but obviously you think it is. Perhaps asking why Microsoft even bothered to change from Windows 3.1 (or 2.1 or DOS) would be an appropriate question for this forum. Anyone care to answer that one? Let's see just how much space we can waste.

Personally, I think some people like to see their words on the Internet - kinda like Steve Martin in "The Jerk" when he finally sees his name in the phonebook. "I'm somebody!"

Richard

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Ray at home" <listray@xxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [windows2000] Re: "copy of filename" Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:20:23 -0500

No, Windows won't do that in that condition.  You'd be prompted to overwrite
the original file.  The "copy of" comes from copying and pasting in Windows
Explorer.

> Please, buy a book! This list is for real problems.

This list is for anything Windows 2000 related.  Richard Strait is more than
welcome to post any Windows 2000 question he wants without judgment from
anyone on this list.  I suspect that Richard Strait could teach us all a
thing or two considering he seems to be very "old school."  I like his fresh
perspective on what has become of Microsoft operating systems these days.

Ray at home