[windows2000] Window 2003 Group Policy

  • From: Robert.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:47:28 -0500

All,
Systems are Windows 2003 Member Servers with 2003 domain controllers.
 I have not found a clear explanation on the net for this. In the Group
Policy Editor (not GPMC):
1)  there are icons used to identify objects configured locally and by the
domain. I am looking for an explanation of what these icons mean.
2)  what can cause an object to be grayed out when viewing local group
policy on a member server (ie, password policy)? I don't see this on my
system, but others have seen this and I need an explanation of what causes
the 'grayed out' objects and what is the criteria to create grayed objects?
This is probably domain policies causing this. I don't know why my system
doesn't reflect this.

TIA,
Bob

Bob Schneider