[windows2000] Re: Why this list doesn't suck

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:27:19 +0200

For you ignorant techies out there (had to look it up myself...) 8-):

From <http://www.synonym.com/synonym/ameliorate>

Synonyms (Grouped by Similarity of Meaning) of verb ameliorate

Sense 1
better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate
       => change, alter

Sense 2
better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate
       => change state, turn

Overview of verb ameliorate

The verb ameliorate has 2 senses (no senses from tagged texts)

1. better, improve, amend, ameliorate, meliorate -- (to make better;
"The editor improved the manuscript with his changes")
2. better, improve, ameliorate, meliorate -- (get better; "The weather
improved toward evening.")