[windows2000] What is "Authenticated Users"?

  • From: "Rod" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Windows 2000 List" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:30:30 -0600

OK, I'm going to ask an incredibly ignorant question here, but it is
something that has nagged me for a long time.  In Windows, if I select
something like a folder and take a look at its security, I will see, for
example, Domain Admins (a group) has such-and-such privileges.  Then I'll
see "Authenticated Users" have such-and-such privileges.  Aren't all users
authenticated?  How can someone not be authenticated and yet logged into a
Windows 2000 domain?

Rod