[windows2000] We are having problems accessing one of our servers

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rjfalanga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:49:47 -0600

We have an old server with Windows 2000 Server installed on it.  It is a
critical server, as it hosts our database.  We access 6 servers through 2
KVM switches (and 2 monitors, keyboards and mice) (I think the KVM switch is
made by Belkin, or something like that).  Over the years we have found that
the mouse will stop working and we then have to reboot the system, which has
always made it work.  But for some reason this hasn't worked now.  Now, it
appears as though the server isn't accessible either via neither mouse nor
keyboard, and the monitor doesn't work.  We have even connected the server
to its own keyboard, mouse and monitor, but that doesn't work.
Unfortunately, the server is not a domain controller, so accessing it via
terminal servers doesn't work.  We have performed a hard reboot, but it
doesn't seem to have helped.

My question is what can/should we do to try and get access of it again?

Rod