[windows2000] Re: Vista

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:37:36 -0700

Forgot, you can turn that off by going into "user accounts" and you can
turn it off there! While it is (or could be) helpful, it should (you'd
think) give you the option of setting up a filter so that it wouldn't
ask you every single time you launch the same program/app! It does get
annoying though. Kerio firewall served that purpose under XP, but can't
seem to get it to install under Vista! :-(  Although the new version is
suppose to work. <shrug>

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:56:23 -0700, "Toby Bierly" <toby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> took
time to say the following:

> Whenever you try to change settings for anything, you are constantly asked
> for your permission to continue from a new feature called User Account
> Control.  I've heard there is a way to turn that off, but haven't read up
> enough about it to understand the ramifications.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels