[windows2000] Re: Video Problem?

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:06:53 +0100

On 06/06/05, Charles R. Buchanan <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ever since I installed the 1GB memory, replaced the MB (MSI KT6V-LSR),
> MSI GeForce FX5200 TD128 Video card and 200gb SATA hard drive, I am
> having trouble with running Quake 2 and Madden 2004 under XP AND W2K!
> :-(

Doh - I know the feeling, it's dire when you can't get your games to work :)

> This morning I decided to replace the video card drom another computer,
> but the new MB AGP isn't backwards compatible! :-(  So I downloaded the

Wuh? Why do you say this? All (new) AGP slots should support 1/2/4/8x
- even the old ones should be backwards compatible, unless you have a
brand spanking new graphics card.

When you say Q2 freezes, does it ever actually run? Or does it just
display the first frame and then freeze? Could be power related.. Does
the 5700 have a molex connector on it? I had an ATI card that era, so
can't remember if they had them then ;)

Andrew