[windows2000] Re: VPN question

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:51:36 -0400

In my experience, unless you choose the "Log on using Dial-up
networking" checkbox on the logon screen, the logon script will not run.

Take a look at this:
http://www.winnetmag.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/26694/26694.html
for a workaround...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Appelboom
Posted At: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 12:12 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: VPN question
Subject: [windows2000] VPN question

I recently setup VPN so that my collegues can work at home.

It's working very nice, except for the login script.

I have a group policy that calls for a login script. Runs great when I
am in the office, but won't run when I am connecting through the VPN
connection. But if I run the script manually, it runs without
problems......

Is there a setting that prevents VPN users from running a login
script????? Or am I doing something wrong????

To give some details: I use a windows 2000 server running routing and
remote access.

VPN using PPTP. The client is a windows 2000 pro.

Any ideas are more than welcome.

Regards,

Dennis Appelboom

marviQ