[windows2000] Re: Unable to change Keyboard Locale.....UPDATE

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 12:00:12 -0800

>From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>After further investigation found the problem is not with the Keyboard
>Locale at all.  The administrator can not make ANY changes to ANY
>settings, they are all ignored!!!  I logged in using a different domain
>admin account and was able to make the change.
>Is therefore looks like the administrator profile has got "screwed", so my
>new question is, is it safe to delete the D:\Documents and
>Settings\Administrator account, so it is recreated when I re-logon, or is
>there "special" stuff in there.

That's very strange, but rather than delete it, why not just copy a working
one over the top of it?  Less likely to cause strange errors that way.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"I can sleep at night because my servers are secure.  What's the secret you
ask?  I filled them with concrete."