[windows2000] Site not appearing in Network Neighbourhood / My Network Places.

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:05:30 +0100

We have 2 remote sites, both with an identical connection (i.e. same link, same
router, same firewall, same basic config, etc).  The issue I have is that for
one of the sites none of the PC's are appearing in either Network Neighbourhood
or My Network Places in Head Office.   All the PC's are appearing locally and
the other regional office.  The PCs are missing from the NN/MNP on all the PC's
and servers have I have checked from head office.  Other than being missing
from the list nothing else is affected, i.e. the full range of services are
working from and to the regional office.

This wasn't always the case, I am sure they were all listed not that long ago.
Nothing (that I am aware of) has changed in the network configuration.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve