[windows2000] Server almost dead after security update - windows 2008

  • From: Patrick <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 01:48:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

not sure if anyone has experienced this, but I recently applied several patches
to the Test Windows 2008 server enviroment, and it practically killed the box,
so much so that I had to do a reinstall (Update) to get things up and running
again. Is there anything out there that one need to know about?

Just a brief description of symptoms.

1: All VM's would not not start or be recognised.
2: Noticed that the Nic save for the Virtual Network had been uninstalled and
would not re-install.
3: The VM's had been moved from Users\Public\public documents\Vm Folder to a
totally new folder and the permissions had been modified accordingly

Although I had to go through the long way to get things up and running again, I
would like to know what the possible cause is.

Thanks

Patrick