[windows2000] Re: Server Room- Fire Suppression

  • From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:47:34 +0000 (GMT)

Yeah, we were advised the same thing but chose FM200 (a halon substitute).
Apparently a micronized water vapour combined with an auto-power off facility
for the computer room will kill the fire - then it's just a case of drying the
hardware out !!!

We thought - err ok and put FM200 in !

HTH

Mark
 Rob Combis <rcombis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is off topic, but I have a quick question.

We are looking into getting a fire suppression system for our server =
room. The architect for the building recommends plain old water via =
sprinkler head, not any inert gas or anything. He says water is better =
because the inert gas leaves a fine powder behind that is hard to clean =
up. I can't believe that water can be any good. Anyone have any =
insights??