[windows2000] Remote Backups

  • From: thethin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 23:15:27 -0400 (EDT)

We have 6 remote offices with Broadband internet access.  We currently
have a zip script that takes the data and ftps it to our main office
everynight.  The data is exceeding 500MB zipped and on occasion is
experiencing a timeout during the ftp.

Does anybody have any better recommendations for remote backups with
large amounts of data and a non-secure internet connection - local
tape backup is not an option at this point due to unreliable employees
taking the responsibility.