[windows2000] RIS

  • From: "Neil Bullock" <n.bullock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:56:33 -0000

Hi there,

Getting frustrated with RIS on Server 2003 at the moment.  It used to work
on 2000, but we recently set up a RIS server on 2003.  Problems we have:

1. One machine, after running riprep.exe rebooted into the OEM setup routine
asking for your name and CD key and suchlike, but dropped out of that
sequence and rebooted before restarting the OEM setup routine, asking for
your name and CD key and suchlike, but dropping out and rebooting... (and so
on)

2. The more serious issue is that machines we install an image on fail to
join the domain, and then disable the administrator account anyway (making
the machine useless).  This happens despite me altering riprep.sif and
telling it not to do this.

Any suggestions for fixing these, as it makes the whole RIS thing a bit
pointless.

Neil.