[windows2000] Re: Office 2007 File Converter Deployment

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 07:24:56 -0400

I'm using Group Policy to deploy them...

Extract the package to a directory (<packagename>
/extract:<Directoryname>)

Create a GPO and assign it to a group of computers, or to the whole
domain.

Use a for /f command with PSShutdown to restart everyone's machine, or
if you work here, wait until everyone leaves, since standard policy is
to restart on the way out the door for the day.

If someone complains, tell them to reboot, and try again.

hth,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Ruggeri
Posted At: Thursday, March 29, 2007 6:30 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Office 2007 File Converter Deployment
Subject: [windows2000] Office 2007 File Converter Deployment

Anyone deploying the fileconverter on there domain in a manner other
than SMS?

Waiting for them to open the file and download the plugin just generates
calls.

Right now I am using a Cmd file to run it quiet based on the existence
of excelcnv.exe on the machine, which is working, but would be nice if
it did not have to run on every machine every morning til they were all
installed.

TIA

Chris
set digest or vacation mode or view archives use the below link.