[windows2000] OWA 2000 users

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:04:55 -0500

Hey list,

So, I'm not having any luck finding out anything about this elsewhere, so I=
'll paste in my question here.

"We just upgraded from OWA 5.5 to OWA 2000 today, and we learned something.
When users go to http://server/exchange, they are unable to see all the
links in under shortcuts in the navbar frame (Inbox, calendar, contacts,
options, log off).  The reason for this is that 350 of our users use 10"
monitors that will only run in 640=D7480 resolution, and this frame does NOT
display a scroll bar.  The users are using IE5, 5.5, or 6.  I viewed this in
IE6 and IE5, and although scrolling is set to "auto" in the parent page with
the frameset, there is no scrollbar displayed when it is needed.

At first when I saw this I figure, "eh, no big deal.  I'll just modify the
parent page and turn on scrollbars for that frame."  But then I learned that
OWA 2000 isn't just a bunch of ASP files like OWA 5.5.  Anyone have any clue
what I can do about this aside from order 350 15" monitors...?"

I guess what I'm really asking is if anyone knows if this is a known issue =
with IE and if there are any fixes for it.  I haven't been able to find any=
thing, and I'm wondering if anyone else has run across such a thing.

Thanks a lot,

Ray at work

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com