[windows2000] Re: OT: mswindowsxp Listowner/Moderator

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 08:23:12 -0400

No it looks like he used to subscribe to Earthlink and has that address subscribed to the list and it is now forwarded to his ATT account. He can't send to the list because it is not coming from Earthlink account. You must send email to the list from the same address that you are subscribed as. So he will get the list messages forwarded but can't post. I see this all the time. People forget what address they subscribed as.

Jim

Greg Reese wrote:

Charles,

Do you use AT&T business DSL?  I had a problem with Freelists blocking
my messages because of spam concerns originating from dls.att.net ip
adresses.  Even though I run my own exchange server.  The person I
contacted at Freelists wass unwilling to change this so  I switched to
gmail for the mailing lists.

I was getting the same thing.  I could recive messages, but not send or reply.

Greg

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:56:19 -0700, Charles R. Buchanan
<crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Jim, There's seems to be a glitch somewhere because while I can
receive messages, I can't reply. I went to the website and it said I
wasn't subscribed, so if that was true, why would I be getting the msg's?
I didn't un-sub so the whole thing is kind of strange to say the least.
Unless John is experimenting again! :-)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:34:43 -0400, "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net";
<jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> had this to say: