[windows2000] Re: OT: email signature question

  • From: Rob Sharp <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:38:56 +0100

I believe there is an aim: protocol for people running the original AIM client.

I also believe that ICQ has a weblink where people can directly message you without having ICQ installed. You could place a link to that in your sig.

Dogers wrote:
On 14/06/05, Justin Martin <jmartin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone know of a way to embed a hyperlink to send an instant messenger
message from within a signature

Something like the mailto:jmartin@xxxxxxxxxx

I am looking for one that will work with MSN messenger.

You can't - theres no protocol link for messenger clients (the mailto:
bit) that I know of. The best thing you can do is setup a hotmail
account and use that as your MSN login, that way you can use the
mailto: link with that address and have MSN notify you of new
messages.

Andrew