[windows2000] Re: OT: diskreplacements for HP Netserver LH3000r

  • From: "List Account" <list.account@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:26:35 -0400

Sorin,
I've done a little searching and found what I think to be the only limiting
factor in switching to a different manufacturer, and that is the drive size.
Apparently, the D9420A drives are "Half-Height" drives. Other than that they
are standard 10K RPM Ultra3 SCSI drives. According to one of the sites I
found, the drive size is 1.6 inches, which is smaller than the smallest ones
Seagate makes which are 2.5 inches. If these drives really are that size,
you may be limited to replacing it with the same sized drive. Basically,
form factor looks to be the only thing stopping you. Can you confirm that
the "Half-Height" statement is true or not?

Nathan Grandbois
Cerdant, Inc.
614.717.0123 ext. 26