[windows2000] Re: OT: Network Disconnection of Window 98machines...

  • From: "Nicolas Ouellet" <nicolas_ouellet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:43:20 -0500

Well ...

Like Glend said migrate all those win98 station to W2k is a solution...
althought it doesn't solve the problem but work around it! it more costly but
win98 never been a very stable os (for my part)

I would change on one station the network card with a brand new one from a
known compagny such as 3Com using the latest driver.
verify the speed and the setting of the card.
it could be a problem from your network equipment too. try monitoring you hub
or switch port if you can.
is all win98 are connected on the same hardware?
Can you ping the station once you think have lost you connection?
Is the workstation is still working locally?

Nic

>>> GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/21/03 07:17AM >>>

Frankly, I have had the same problem, and the only thing I have found in
common is HP LaserJet Print Drivers

Sounds waaay off base, and one can't really live without HP LaserJet
drivers, right?

So I've replaced almost all of them with Win2K.

Sorry I can't be of much help,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.