[windows2000] Re: OT: LDAP and Thunderbird

  • From: Mark Guzzo <mark.guzzo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:17:38 -0600

I was using Thunderbird on my Linux box here at work before I started
using Evolution 2.x (which has exchange-connector).

I really don't know if the developers of Thunderbird don't think it
should be high on the list to fix, but I need to set to one LDAP
connection for each OU I have!

So here it is....

In Thinderbird click on Tools\Options\Composition then click on
"Direcoory Server" under "Address AutoCompletion"

A window titled "Directory Server Properties" will open
Under the "GENERAL" TAB

Name: ANYTHING YOU WANT
Hostname: your GAL's server name or IP address
Base DN: ou=bsh,ou=entities,dc=subdomain,dc=domain,dc=org
Port: 389
Bind DN: guzmar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then click on the "ADVANCED"  TAB

For "Search filter:" TYPE THIS AS IS! (objectclass=user)

Click ok and you should be set.

Like I said, for each OU I needed to search I needed to set up a new
LDAP server and change the "BASE DN:" option.
I don't think that has been fixed yet.

Mark