[windows2000] OT - Internet Speed test

  • From: "M. Mahnkey" <mm242@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 21:46:44 -0700

May I suggest one that comes very close to reality.  My DSL tech from Qwest was
amazed that this site repeatedly gives speeds within bites of what his $3K
measuring equipment shows.

It is a Sun server dedicated to doing speed tests for a small privately held
phone company on the south end of Whidbey Island in Washington state.

The address is speeder.whidbey.net.

You have a choice of from 1-10 MB test files.  Even though you are in the
Midwest, these guys (Whidbey Telephone) were amongst the pioneers in the
internet, and have multiple T-3's connecting them to the backbone.

Try it, you'll like it.

Mark