[windows2000] Re: OT - Internet Speed test

  • From: "Tasita Ebacher" <tebacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:20:12 -0500

Basically, he may be saying these internet speed test sites are "unreliable"
because you are traveling over the internet to get the speed test and there
are many things in that path that may slow you down that have nothing to do
with your ISP.  In my opinion, this is partially correct, but these internet
speed tests can still be used as a gage of your speeds.

Some ISP's have their own speed tests, see if they have one.  If not, maybe
they should get one so you do actually have a "reliable" way to test your
speeds without traveling over the internet.

In my experiences, the speed you get from your ISP's own speed test will not
be much different than most internet speed tests.

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications
Data Systems Engineer
CCNA