[windows2000] Re: OT: IT-budgeting and PHBs - Long (Was: Can' t DC s be ghosted??)

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:17:58 +0100

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:01:13 -0000, Daniel Ensor wrote:

>I was going to mention that, Angus how can Sorin make them realise they need
>AC? if the dept's the way you say it sounds like their dragging their feet
>in the history of the dept. Maybe you could go on holiday and leave a
>fan-heater on full heat in the server room for two weeks that way you're not
>there when the S^^t hits the fan?

Yeah, and I'm the one who gets to shovel up the sh!t afterwards...

Well, we'll see how the servers live through the coming swedish
summer in a few months. They tend to be incredibly hit. 8-/ I'm
especially curious with the one server that is water-cooled and
dumps an incredible amount of heat from the radiator to the rest of
the (small) room). They can't say I didn't warn them. And I'm going
for a vacation away from Sweden this summer. <MOOAH-HA-HAH>

>>8->

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web: http://www.farmaci.uu.se
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46-18-4714482 >> 5 signals >>
GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46-701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46-18-471-4474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.