[windows2000] Re: OT: HP Web Jetadmin

  • From: George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:17:36 -0700

What are your browser cache settings?  Have you tried
to access it from another PC after changing the pw?
-George

On 6/3/05, David Spanne <werenomads@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do any of you know of a very good resource for Web Jetadmin
> (troubleshooting, training, or list like this)?  I'm having some
> problems trying to accomplish something.
>
> Problems:
> 1)  When I try to set an "embedded web server password" on multiple
> printers, less than half succeed (no pre-existing password).
> 2)  On those that do succeed (all are 4100 printers), the password
> does not work when trying to access the network tab on the embedded
> web server page, but does work on the device settings tab.  If I
> remove and reset the password on the device settings tab on the
> embeded web page, then the password works on the network tab.
>
> Thanks
> David Spanne
>
> http://thethin.net/win2000list.cfm

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus