[windows2000] Re: OT: FCC to Allow Wireless Access on Planes

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:30:41 -0500

You talking to me?

Anyway, my company makes the NASA ACES (Advanced Crew Escape Suit) that
the astronauts wear on Launch and Re-entry.

Suffice it to say: we had to make the batteries easily accessible, but
also easy to fix in place permanently.

I get the impression they might be replacing them with something like
what you are talking about as soon as they get to Kennedy...

Just a guess... I wondered why these two stipulations existed until I
just read Jim's message.

(Now the NSA is going to show up at both of our houses, for somehow
violating our clearances... ;-)

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.

________________________________

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net
Posted At: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 3:04 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: OT: FCC to Allow Wireless Access on
Planes
Subject: [windows2000] Re: OT: FCC to Allow Wireless Access on Planes

Nasa has had the technologie and has had batteries running for
decades...the industry wouldn't allow it..they are made to go bad so
they can sell more.  I used to work at NASA Glenn where they did
lifetime testing on batteries. I worked on the data collectors and
control room equipment there and had to calibrate the things. They would
have a FIT if any of the equipment went down as it ruined their test and
they had to start all over.

Same concept with gasoline powered engines in cars.
JK

Ray at work <> wrote:

        Great. Now all someone has to do is invent a super-battery that
can power a
        laptop for 15 hours so I don't have to have a 400 pound carry-on
bag loaded
        up with laptop batteries. I hate battery technology, which seems
to still
        be stuck in 1912.

        Ray at work

        From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx