[windows2000] Re: OT: FCC to Allow Wireless Access on Planes

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:18:30 +0100

Aren't these conspiracy theories, you americans are so fond of? ;-)

--Original Message Text---
From: Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:03:32 -0800 (PST)

Nasa has had the technologie and has had batteries running for
decades...the industry wouldn't allow it..they are made to go bad
so they can sell more.  I used to work at NASA Glenn where they did
lifetime testing on batteries. I worked on the data collectors and
control room equipment there and had to calibrate the things. They
would have a FIT if any of the equipment went down as it ruined
their test and they had to start all over.

Same concept with gasoline powered engines in cars.
JK

BW,

Sorin