[windows2000] Re: OT - Creating Help Desk software using MS Access..

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:18:59 -0500

Creating such an application that would be logical and user friendly is
not a simple task.  Some smaller companies use a free add-in for Outlook
to track such things.  I've heard that this add-in is a bit buggy
though, but that was a few years back. I was going to say that perhaps
this has been reworked and is better, but it doesn't appear so, because
the only download I found for it is the same one for Outlook 97 and 98.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9ABA1334-8DB7-4
8B6-B913-C6C1BAF0C97D

My company used to use Helpstar, www.helpstar.com.  I hate 99% of
non-Microsoft applications that I've ever used.  Helpstar was in the 1%
of those that I don't though.  We just recently switched to a different
application that was developed by AS/400 programmers.  AS/400
programmers should not be dabbling in Win32 development.  This
application is completely terrible, and I'd kill to get Helpstar back.
Helpstar is NOT cheap though.  If you're willing/able to spend cash on a
solution, I strongly recommend this product.

Ray at work