[windows2000] Re: Need to move PDC from one system to another

  • From: "Etts, Russell" <retts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:21:55 -0400

Hi Rod

1) Install DNS with the Windows CD -  if you need further instructions,
let me know
2) GC - a checkbox in Site and Services - drill down to your site, the
server you want to be a GC, on the right pane, NTDS settings, right
click and check off "Global Catalog"
3) RID, PDC and Infrastructure - go to AD users and computers, right
click on the domain and choose "operations master".  Swapping the roles
are pretty smooth

HTH

Russell